We Salute You Promotion
We Salute You Promotion is organized by MTN Zambia and gives MTN Prepaid and Hybrid eligible customers a chance to win prizes via draws. Only customers who declare interest for the promotion by opting-in via one of the available channels are eligible for the draw.
Customers will collect points based on the actions mentioned in clause 5 below.
2. Duration of the Promotion
We Salute You promotion commences on 05/09/2023 and the lasts for ninety consecutive days. Last day of activities that shall reward points to participants is 03/12/2023.
MTN reserves the rights to change these dates at its own discretion.
We Salute You will be valid in the territory known and recognized as the Republic of Zambia (hereafter referred to as “Zambia”).
4. Customer Eligibility
The promotion is open to all MTN prepaid and Hybrid and active customers within Zambia. Customers must be 18 years or older.
The following are the criteria for eligibility to participate:
5. Rules of participation in the promotion:
- To participate, an MTN Prepaid customer must explicitly opt-in into the promotion through one of the below available channels:
- USSD: By dialing the promo’s direct USSD Code *226#
- Follow the promotion with myMTN self-care app
- SMS: Any keyword sent to short-code 226 except the following ones:
|Exit||SCORE / POINTS|
|Exit||Score / Points|
|OUT||score / points|
- After opting-in the customer is called a Participant.
- Opt-in is free of charge. For the sake of clarity, customers will not be required to pay any fees to join the promo via any of the channels specified above.
- Upon successful opt-in, customer will start accumulating points for any below actions:
- Recharge with any amount equal or higher than ZMW 1.00
- Purchase any paid bundle (voice or data) equal to or higher than ZMW 1.00
For the sake of clarity, there are no extra fees or charges required for the above actions (recharge or bundle purchases). Customers who are participating in the promo will be charged the same amount as non-participating customers for all airtime and bundles purchases.
- Participants may opt-out from the promotion at any time by sending an SMS with the following keywords to the zero rated short-code 226:
- After opting-out, customers become non-Participants and will no longer receive reply, promotional SMS for We Salute You and will no longer be part of any future draws.
- Participants who wish to stop receiving promotional SMS will be able to send the following keywords to the short-code 226 free of charge:
Stop receiving promotional keywords
- Points are earned on each eligible activity performed by a customer (either Participant or Non-Participant).
- Points keep accumulating throughout the promotion period.
- The gathered points correspond to chances for the draws and are activated only if an MTN customer declares interest for the campaign by opting-in.
- Customers who opt-in into this promo via any of the channel hereby warrants and represents that he/she:
- joins the promo voluntarily
- has perused and has a clear understanding of the terms and conditions of the We Salute You Promotion, and agrees that his/her participation in the Promotion is conditional on full adherence to the terms and conditions herein
- consents to receiving promotional messages related to the Promotion
- is fully aware and accepts that using their MTN Sim cards for airtime recharges, voice/combo bundles purchases, data bundles purchases are the only activities that shall count for the purpose of accumulating points during this Promotion where same have been duly charged in accordance with this terms and conditions
- is fully aware and accept that joining the Promotion is free of charge
- agrees that where there is any dispute as to the usage value by the Participant, the details records shall be the sole basis for resolving same.
- MTN Zambia reserves the right to verify the eligibility of Participants which will also include confirmation of details of Participants against the Participant’s details in MTN’s Subscriber SIM Registration records. Participants hereby agree that personal data supplied when participating in the Rewards may be used by the MTN to monitor participation in the Rewards, to provide services to Participants from time to time and to evaluate service improvements
- MTN reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any provision of the Terms and Conditions
- Points will be awarded to customers who purchase Airtime via any of the following channels:
- MTN agents/retailers
- Self-service (MoMo or other digital channels excluding airtime borrowed via MTN loans services)
- Points will be awarded to those customers who purchase/subscribe to voice/combo and data bundles
- Customers who perform Me2U and/or extra-time (borrowed airtime) transactions will not be awarded with points for We Salute You promotion for these specific transactions
- The following are the points calculation methods:
- Users will be rewarded for every recharge amount, or every paid bundle activation amount equal to or greater than ZMW 1.00
- For Each ZMW 1.00 spent on airtime recharge or bundle purchase, the customer will be rewarded with 1 point. Transactions of value including decimal points will be rounded down or up to the nearest round (decimal-free) ZMW 1.00 value.
- It is in MTN discretion to reward customers with extra points at ad-hoc intervals and/or upon activating a specific paid bundle. The ad-hoc intervals, the type of the bundle and the number of extra points will be communicated to the customers in advance using daily teasers
- Some of the activities that may earn customer extra points are specified, but not limited to, as below:
- Self-purchase of Airtime
- Self-purchase of bundles using customer’s Mobile Money wallet
- Customers can check their accumulated promotion points by SMS channel to short-code 226 only by sending the following keywords:
|SCORE / POINTS|
|Score / Points|
|score / points|
- For information regarding the service the customers may send an SMS to 226 free of charge with the following keyword:
Information regarding the service
- The Participant accepts that the prizes shall be received ‘as is’ and MTN does not give any guarantee or warranty on the specifications, use, utility or fitness for purpose, of the prizes and shall not be liable for any manufacturer’s obligations, directly or indirectly.
- From the moment a prize is handed over to winner, the winner shall be responsible for all other associated costs.
- Any withholding, income, or other taxes, charges or expenses associated with any Prizes and their collection shall be the Winner’s responsibility. These taxes will be deducted before the prize is paid out.
6. Type of prizes:
There are the following types of prizes:
- Instant prizes: MTN will give away MTN bundles as instant rewards via draw. Those bundles can be the following ones:
- 20MB data bundles valid for 24 hours
- 5 minutes voice bundle valid for 24 hours
- Weekly prizes: Every Friday a weekly winner is determined via a draw. Eligible customers are the ones who have collected at least one point on that week. The record consists of entry sets corresponding to the total points, earned by each participant from the beginning of the week (Saturday 00:00:00) till end of week (Friday 23:59:59). During the promotion each point earned is assigned to a unique entry/raffle in the database of the participants. For example, 20 points entitle the certain participant (MSISDN) to 20 entries; 200 points – to 200 entries/raffles for the drawing of the prize. Each draw will determine 5 winners. Each winner that day wins K10,000 in cash on MoMo. The day that a weekly draw is performed no other type of prize is drawn.
- Grand Prize: The grand winner is determined after the end of the promotion via a draw. The record consists of entry sets corresponding to the total points, earned by each participant from the start of the promotion till the last day of the promotion. The record consists of entry sets corresponding to the total points, earned by each participant from the beginning of the promotion (first day 00:00:00) till end of the promotion (last day 23:59:59). During the promotion each point earned is assigned to a unique entry/raffle in the database of the participants. For example, 20 points entitle the certain participant (MSISDN) to 20 entries; 200 points – to 200 entries/raffles for the drawing of the prize. The draw will determine 1 winner who will win the grand prize of K500,000 in cash on MoMo. The day that the grand prize draw is performed no other type of prize is drawn.
- Extra prizes: Extra prize winner is determined or random days either via draw or instantly. Each winner wins cash on MoMo. Rules and number of winners of the extra prizes are announced to the customers during the promotion.
7. Prize Rules:
- The same subscriber’s number (MSISDN) cannot win the same type of prize more than once during the promotion period.
- The formation of participants’ record for the whole period of the promotion will start at 00:00:01 hours on the first day of the promotion and end at 23:59:59 hours on the last day of the promotion.
- The winner must be a Participant at the time of each draw to be eligible to participate in the respective draw. If at a later stage, following the draw in each the Participant was declared as the winner, the winner, the Participant opts-out from the campaign and becomes a non-Participant he/she is still eligible to receive their declared prize but does not participate in the draws performed after he/she became non-Participant.
- Any participant may be contacted for any or all the prize types stated above. If a customer is declared winner and is not resident in Zambia, he/she shall provide details of his/her representative who will act for and on his/her behalf for the collection of the prize. The representative must present a Letter of Authorization, a valid mean of identification (National I.D card, Driver’s License, International Passport or Certified Employment or University Student I.D Card) and any other information as may be required by MTN before prizes can be redeemed.
- If the Prize is monetary, then it is not transferable, not exchangeable for another prize and cannot be sold.
- Any expense not explicitly indicated as part of the prize, including but not limited to insurance, travel expenses, accommodation, license fees or taxes, are the responsibility of the winner. In no event shall MTN be held liable for external fluctuations that might affect the economic value of the allocated prizes.
- Where prizes will be in cash, or cash equivalent, if MTN chooses to do so, shall withhold from the winner payment any applicable withholding tax, and act as tax agent for the relevant amounts.
8. Winner selection, notification, and prize forfeiture
- A winner would be selected after the prize period throughout the period of the promotion.
- For every prize available in the prize period, the corresponding winners are selected. Additionally, 5 (five) substitute winners are selected in the case that the winner cannot, for any reasons be awarded with the prize.
- Every winner will be contacted by MTN on the mobile phone he/she used in the promotion. MTN will attempt to contact a winner at least 3 times within 24Hrs during working hours (9am to 5pm). If the winner cannot be reached via phone call within the specified time above, or in the event that they refuse the prize for whatever reason, then MTN will contact the following runner-up and award the prize to him/her and the original winner forfeits the prize.
- A winner will be required to provide proof of eligibility including but not limited to a National ID card, or International Passport. The customer may be required to sign a prize acceptance form (as may be requested by MTN) before prizes can be issued. In a situation where the documentation details of the winner are not the same as the ones recorded in MTN’s customers database for the winning MSISDN, the customer shall be given 14 days to rectify the mismatch and provide sufficient proof before the win is credited. Non-compliance shall lead to forfeiture.
- Decisions made by MTN will be final and without appeal.
- Winners agree to the publication of their names and photographs in any media or promotional material produced by and on behalf of MTN. Such use does not entitle the winner to any further compensation.
- MTN accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury, or disappointment incurred or suffered by the winner as a result of accepting the prize. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude the liability of MTN for death, personal injury, fraud, or fraudulent misrepresentation as a result of its negligence.
- All prizes will be awarded within 30 days following the end of the Promotion.
- Airtime and data bundle prizes will be credited to the winning MSISDN.
- The winners must confirm that they are the registered holder of the sim card and that they are entitled to the prize and shall complete all the necessary documents if required by MTN
- In a situation where the details of the winner are not in sync with the KYC of the winning MSISDN, the customer shall be given 5 days to rectify the mis-match and the win shall be credited. Non-compliance shall lead to forfeiture.
- Prizes are not transferable.
9. Abuse and Disqualification
Any Participant may be disqualified at any stage of the promotion, for any of the following reasons:
- In the event that it is impossible to establish telephone communication with the prospective winner
- In the event that the winner refuses MTN to use his/her name and /or photographs in any media or promotional material produced by MTN
- If the Participant ceases to be a Zambian Citizen either on the date of a draw, and/or on the date that the prize is to be presented
- In the event that the winner does not sign the declaration of acceptance of the Prize, irrespective of the reason(s) for such
- In the event that the winner does not provide any proper identification document as required by these Terms and Conditions
- In the event that the winner, for whatever reason(s), does not accept in full and without reservation the Terms and Conditions and his/her obligations which arise from the acceptance of such regulation, in respect of the allocation of the prize
- In the event of incompatibility arising from the selected winner lacking legal capacity (e.g. the fact that the selected winner is related directly with MTN) in accordance with that set forth in the present Terms and Conditions
- The failure to comply with or observe any of the Terms and Conditions set out herein
10. General Conditions
- If, for any reason, a Participant decides to change his/her mobile phone number during a prize period, the accumulated points shall not be transferred to the new number but shall remain with the initial MSISDN. Entries cannot be transferred from one phone number to another.
- Any deviation from the rules and/or attempt to manipulate the outcome of the promotion or the entitlement to a Prize will result in an automatic disqualification of that Participant. MTN shall be entitled to effect the disqualification without reference or recourse to the Participant(s) carrying out the said manipulation.
- The Organizer reserves the right to with prior notification to modify, supplement or terminate all or part of this promotion at any time.
- MTN reserves the right to replace the advertised prizes with prizes of the same value at their sole discretion.
- The Organizer accepts no responsibility for any incorrect or incomplete registration details that Participants may supply as part of the registration for the promotion.
11. Personal Data Protection
By participating in the promotion, the Participants expressly agree that personal data which they supply shall be processed by MTN for the purposes of executing the promotion and also for the purpose of publicizing the promotion and MTN. It is hereby specified that MTN guarantees that publicity, entailing the sharing with third parties of personal data supplied as a result of participation in the promotion, (including through television, the press, leaflets and other means and formats of communication) shall be made only with respect to the winners of the Prizes and will only indicate the given names and surnames of the winners, the location of their place of residence, their images and voices (contained in photographic records, audio, video and other types of records, made with the purposes of publicity connected to the promotion). The winning Participants give, through their participation in the promotion, express consent for the use of this data informants herein defined. Following the termination of the promotion, the personal data will be destroyed.
12. Amendments to the Terms and Conditions
- MTN reserves the right to alter, suspend or cancel this promotion and its respective Terms and Conditions, without prior notice and upon prior authorization issued by the appropriate authorities, with the new rules coming into force upon disclosure by publication on MTN Zambia website https://www.mtn.zm/ and in the relevant section of the promotion within myMTN app.
- No alteration may have retrospective effects, whereby all Participants registered up to the moment of the introduction of the alteration shall have equal rights. Each alteration, including the extension or reduction of the Duration Period of the promotion, shall be included in and form an integral part of these Terms and Conditions and shall be introduced through the addition of an annex, which shall be applicable from the date of its publication on MTN Zambia website.
- No claim in respect of any alteration of the present Terms and Conditions is enforceable against MTN following the moment at which this alteration becomes available for online consultation on MTN website
- In the event that the promotion is suspended prior to the period designated for its conclusion, MTN shall award the Prizes corresponding to the winners selected up to the date of the suspension of the promotion, in accordance with the present Terms and Conditions.
13. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Any dispute arising from or connected to this promotion shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the competent Zambian authorities in accordance with Zambian Law.