Get in touch with us
Frequently asked questions
aYo: Send with care
You need to be between the ages of 18 and 65.
The sender (the person sending money) is the premium payer. The beneficiary receiving the money does not pay anything. The premium will be a separate charge to the sender’s MTN Mobile Money account and will not be deducted from the amount being sent.
Dial *303# and select the Send with Care option or dial *303*1*4# to access the Send with Care menu directly.
Yes, you can only be a beneficiary of Send with Care if you have an MTN Mobile Money account.
Subject to any exclusion criteria in the aYo Terms and Conditions, the following cover is available to you through Send with Care:
aYo will pay your policy proceeds to you or your beneficiary(s) that received Send with Care, in the event that:
you pass away
accidental hospitalisation, i.e. you spend at least one night in hospital because of a physical injury caused by a trauma event (either accident, impact or injury), hospitalisation should take place during the period of cover,
hospitalisation due to illness, i.e. you spend at least three night’s in hospital due to any general illness (T&Cs Apply), here also hospitalisation should take place during the period of cover.
To enjoy the above benefits, you have sent money to your loved ones/beneficiary using Send with Care within 4 months of the event occurring. Then you can initiated a claim as long as your cover has not expired.
aYo will triple (3 times) the amount that you send to your beneficiary in the case that you pass away or are accidentally hospitalised or match the amount that you send to your beneficiary in the case that you are hospitalised due to an illness, subject to the maximum cover limits.
If you send ZMW1,000 to a beneficiary using Send with Care, then aYo will triple the amount of cover, in the case that you pass away or you are hospitalised due to an accident.
This means that if you have a successful claim due to an accident, you shall receive ZM3,000.00 through your MoMo account then your beneficiary will receive proceeds of 3 x ZMW1,000 = ZMW3,000 in the unfortunate event that you passed on. Should you be hospitalised for at least three (3) nights, aYo Send With Care will pay you 1x the amount you send through your MoMo Account i.e. 1 x ZMW1,000.00 the amount that you sent to your beneficiary.
The maximum amount of cover you can have per beneficiary is ZMW3,000.
You can have up to 10 individual beneficiaries, if you have sent money to these individuals using Send with Care.
With aYo Send with Care, the individual receiving the money from you will automatically be allocated as your beneficiary of life cover, should you pass away (you are allowed a maximum of 10 individuals as your beneficiaries).
The maximum amount of cover you can have per beneficiary is 12,000 ZMW and the total cover for the 10 different beneficiaries is (120,000 ZMW).
If you use Send with Care, the cover you receive related to each remittance is valid for 120 days, effective from the date of the remittance. After 120 days, your cover will expire for that specific remittance to which you have added Send with Care.
Each time you use Send with Care, your 120 day period applies, so your cover can accumulate and expire at different times and will therefore fluctuate over time and between different beneficiaries.
Yes, if you use Send with Care more than once in a 120 day period for the same beneficiary, your cover accumulates for that specific beneficiary.
In the event that: You have unexpired Send with Care cover and you have either:
- spent at least 1 night in hospital because of a physical injury caused by a trauma event, a claim can be initiated by yourself, your specified MyCaretaker or one of your beneficiaries. For the benefit to be paid, the hospitalization should take place during the period of cover.
- spent at least 3 nights in hospital because of illness, a claim can be initiated by yourself, your specified MyCareTaker or one of your beneficiaries.
- passed away, a claim can be initiated by your specified MyCaretaker or one of your beneficiaries.
For a comprehensive view of the FAQs visit https://www.ayo4u.com/zm/sendwithcare
aYo: Recharge with care
You need to be between the ages of 18 and 65 to sign up with aYo.
If you have already signed up with aYo (before the age of 65) you can continue to enjoy the benefits of aYo up to the age of 70.
When you turn 70, you will no longer qualify for Recharge with Care and you will no longer be able to boost your cover. The balance of cover will remain in place until it expires, thereafter your aYo registration will be cancelled and your policy will be terminated.
No, you will not be covered for any event that may have occurred in another country
The maximum limit cover for MyLife is K12,000 and for MyHospital is K3,000.
No hardcopy policy document will be issued. All the Terms and Conditions and information you will need can be accessed online on www.ayo4u.com.
If your choice is MyLife, you qualify for K25 cover for every K1 of airtime you recharge with. If your choice is MyHospital, you qualify for K15 cover for every K1 of airtime you recharge with.
Yes, you can by dialing *296#.
Your cover expires after a minimum of 30 days from the commencement date of your cover.
You can buy more cover through MyBoost as a Once Off option or set an Automatic regular boost called MyAutoBoost under which your autoboost amount will be automatically deducted from your account on every recharge. Simply dial *296# and go to MyBoost.
Yes, you can. The cancel option can be found under the MyBoost option on the aYo menu.
- If you have MyHospital cover and you have spent at least 1 night in hospital due to a traumatic event resulting in physical injury, a claim can be initiated.
- If you have MyLife cover and you have passed away, a claim can be initiated by your specified MyCaretaker or MyLovedOne.
For a comprehensive view of the FAQs visit https://www.ayo4u.com/zm/faq.
If you have MyHospital cover and you have spent at least 1 night in hospital due to a traumatic event resulting in physical injury, a claim can be initiated.
If you have MyLife cover and you have passed away, a claim can be initiated by your specified MyCaretaker or MyLovedOne.
Please note that a claim must meet all aYo’s Recharge with Care or Send With Care terms and conditions.
- To initiate a claim, dial *296#.
- Select the claim option:
- As an aYo Policyholder yourself, you need to select the continue option after the screen displays your cover balances and then you can select the claim option.
- If you have not signed up to aYo yourself, the claim option will be available to you on the first screen.
- Choose the cover you are claiming against (either MyLife or MyHospital).
- Enter the cellphone number of the person you are claiming for (the Policyholder’s cellphone number).
- Continue by entering the required information requested of you.
- A confirmation SMS with further instructions will be sent to you.
- You may receive a call from an aYo agent in the event of any queries during the claims process.
For a MyLife claim you will need:
- Cellphone number of the Policyholder who passed away.
- Date of the Policyholder’s death.
- A death certificate of the Policyholder is required and could be requested at a more advanced stage in the claims process.
- The cause of death of the Policyholder.
For a MyHospital claim you will need:
- Cellphone number of the Policyholder who is claiming.
- Date of the Policyholder’s hospital admittance.
- The number of nights the Policyholder was in hospital for.
- A discharge letter from the hospital is required and could be requested at a more advanced stage in the claims process.
- The date the Policyholder left the hospital.
- The cause of trauma / accident that resulted in the hospital stay.
- Most of the information required for the claim is requested through the claims process when you initiate the claim by dialling *296#, however you will be required to send either a death certificate or hospital discharge letter to aYo for MyLife or MyHospital claims respectively.
- An SMS will be sent to you requesting a copy of the documentation needed once you have initiated a claim. This SMS will include your claim number.
- This requested documentation can be sent to the WhatsApp line 0762584242 or hand delivered to the nearest MTN store, but you must write your claim number on the documentation before you send it to aYo.
Your claim number will be sent to you via SMS once you have successfully submitted a claim.
An SMS notification of the status and outcome of your claim will be sent to you. Or, a claimant can check their claim status by dialing *296# and follow the claims prompts.
- The cover shall commence on the day the registered Subscriber recharges with MTN airtime and/or buys additional cover using MTN airtime or through MTN Mobile Money.
- The cover term for each successful cover transaction will always be for a maximum period of 36 (thirty-six) full consecutive days from the date the cover commences where a minimum cover term is equal to 30 (thirty) consecutive days from the date the cover commences.
- Subject to the policy Terms and Conditions, the cover becomes payable only on:
- Death of the Policyholder for the MyLife insurance benefit.
- Hospitalisation of the Policyholder due to an accident/trauma event that resulted in at least 1 (one) overnight stay in hospital for the MyHospital insurance benefit.
- The Insured Events covered are limited to events within the borders of Zambia only
- aYo reserves the right to increase or decrease the maximum policy cover levels without notification to the Policyholder.
- aYo reserves the right to restrict/decline the allocation of cover through either the recharging of MTN airtime or buying of additional cover using MTN airtime or through MTN Mobile Money.
- aYo shall verify the eligibility of all claims and may request documentary proof of identification as well as proof of the Insured Event.
- Claims must be submitted within 30 (thirty) full consecutive days of the date of death (in the case of a MyLife claim or the date of accident/trauma in the case of a MyHospital claim).
- The acceptance and processing of a claim does not in any way imply that a claim has been admitted for payment. This decision to admit or repudiate a clam shall remain within the sole discretion of Metropolitan Life Zambia.
- In the case where a Policyholder is found to be registered for aYo RECHARGE WITH CARE on more than one cellphone number, the maximum pay out for all combined numbers is K12,000 for Mylife and K3,000 for MyHospital.
- The frequency of MyHospital claims are limited to 3 (three) claims per 12 (twelve) month rolling period, subject to a minimum period of 30 (thirty) days between claimable Insured Events.
- In the event that the time of admission to hospital is more than 24 hours from the time of accident/trauma event, aYo reserves the right to scrutinise and reject the claim if it believes hospitalisation was not caused by the event.
- Claims will NOT be paid under the following circumstances:
- If any material information in any relevant document (such as the death certificate) is incorrect or incomplete, or if any other relevant material information is withheld
- If the Policyholder or Claimant commits fraud or attempts to commit fraud against aYo when claiming benefits under the policy;
- If aYo is not notified within the minimum required time after the claim event occurred;
- If the claim was caused, directly or indirectly, by active participation in war, invasion, acts of foreign enemies, hostilities, warlike operations (whether war be declared or not), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, civil commotion assuming the proportions of or amounting to an uprising, military or usurped power;
- aYo reserves the right to evaluate Life or Hospitalisation claims resulting from any epidemic or pandemic including but not limited to the Corona Virus (COVID-19), on a case by case basis.
- A Policyholder can cancel the policy at any time. However, no refund of Premium(s) shall be made, all policy cover yet to expire shall be terminated with immediate effect and non-used MyBonus shall be forfeited.
- aYo and Metropolitan Life Zambia reserves the right to adjust Premium(s) at a 1 (one) days’ notice.
For a comprehensive view of the terms and Conditions visit https://www.ayo4u.com/zm/rechargewithcare
Interested in the aYo insurance service?
Please contact the aYo team on: