Ayoba is a free instant messaging app for Android and iOS devices. It’s different from other messaging apps as you can chat to anyone regardless of whether they have the Ayoba app or not.
Ayoba lets you securely send and receive text messages, voice messages, videos, images, audio and other files with any of your contacts, using your mobile internet connection (data).
- FREE TO USE: Ayoba is free to use.
- CHAT NOW: You can Instantly send and receive text and voice messages with any of your contacts.
- SECURE: Messages in a conversation cannot be read by anyone else because of End-to-end encryption in the service.
- QUICK CONNECT: You can use your existing address book to quickly and easily connect with your contacts.
- CHAT WITH EVERYONE: You can send SMS text messages with anyone in your contact list regardless of whether they’ve installed Ayoba or not. For those who do not have the Ayoba App, messages will go straight to their SMS inbox.
- GROUP CHAT: You can easily set up group chats to easily communicate with family and friends in a single chat.
- MEDIA SHARING: You can share videos, images, audio, and other files with your contacts.
- CALLS: You can make voice calls from the Ayoba app to any of your Ayoba contacts. The call will be charged from your data balance of main wallet.
- LET’S MEET: You can share your real-time location with your Ayoba contacts.
- MONEY TRANSFERS: You can make and receive payments via Mobile Money (coming soon).
How to download the Ayoba App?
- Go to ayoba.me to download App from Ayoba site
- Or visit Google Play Store on https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ayoba.ayoba&hl=en to download the App.
Ayoba will be FREE to use ALL MTN Users.
Terms and conditions
- Ayoba will be open to ALL MTN customers.
- Data usage on ayoba will be zero rated and capped at 5gb per month for each user.
- MTN Zambia will not be held liable for the content users get on the service or from other users of the service.
- MTN Zambia reserves the right to deactivate a user’s account if user violates the terms of using the service.
- MTN Zambia reserves the right to cap or throttle data usage in accordance with regulatory approval if there is abuse or unfair usage on the service.
For a comprehensive view of the Terms and Conditions, please visit https://ayoba.me/terms-conditions/
How do I download the Ayoba App?
- Go to ayoba.me to download the App or visit Google Play Store and search for Ayoba.
Can I use Ayoba on two devices?
- Your Ayoba account can only be verified with one number on one device. If you have a dual SIM phone, please note that you still must choose one number to verify with Ayoba. There is no option to have an Ayoba account with two phone numbers.
What are the rates for Ayoba?
- You will be able to use Ayoba for FREE for ALL MTN subscribers.
Can I send Images, Videos, My location, Voice massages, Files and documents on Ayoba?
- Yes, you can.
Can I back up my chats on Ayoba?
- Yes, you can. Simply tap on the menu button, then select Settings, then tap on Maintenance and select Chat Backup.
How much does it cost to make voice calls using Ayoba?
You can make VOIP calls from the Ayoba app to any of your Ayoba contacts. The call will be charged from your data balance or main wallet. Importantly, making a call within the app uses your data and is not free.
Do I need to register again if I uninstall and reinstall the app?
- No, you don’t. All you need to do is download Ayoba from the Google Play Store again or from ayoba.me, enter your name, country, phone number and select verify.
Is it safe using Ayoba?
- Yes, Ayoba incorporates sophisticated end-to-end encryption. This ensures that only you and the person (or people) you’re communicating with can read what is sent. Nobody else can read your messages, not even the team at Ayoba.
Can I report inappropriate content and register a complaint against another user?
- Yes, you can.
Will I be able to delete my Ayoba account?
- Yes, you can.
What will happen to my message history when I delete my Ayoba account?
- Your message history will be erased, and you will be removed from all of your Ayoba groups.
For other FAQs on Ayoba, please go to https://ayoba.me/faq-en/.