You swiped, Now you can MoMo it!
This service allows MTN mobile money registered customers to pay for goods and services at any outlet which has an ABSA POS machine. This will be done by the cashier or operator inputting the customer’s mobile money number and amount on the POS device and the customer will get a prompt on the phone to approve the transaction by entering the MM PIN.
How does the service work?
- Go to any outlet that has ABSA point of sale device as a payment channel in the
- Select the goods or services you want to buy and present at the Cashier
- Tell the Cashier that you want to pay via MTN Mobile Money
- The Cashier will ask for your Phone Number and will enter the number on the POS machine
- You will then get prompt on your phone asking you to approve the transaction by entering the PIN
- Once you enter the PIN the receipt will be printed on the POS machine and your mobile money account will be debited
- The cashier will give you a copy of the receipt