- Customers who have a 5G fixed home router, are in a 5G covered area, using 5G smartphones and have purchased the 30Mbps or 50Mbps speed-based offer will experience 5G.
- 3Mbps, 5Mbps, 15Mbps & 20Mbps plans are offered on 4G while 30 & 50Mbps are offered on 5G network
- The 50Mbps plan on 5G is bundled with a discounted 5G router when customers subscribe to the plan for the first time via MTN Service Centres
- The 30Mbps plan on 5G is bundled with a discounted promo 5G router when customers subscribe to the plan for the first time via MTN Service Centres
- One promo router applies per customer
- All other customers will have to purchase the 5G router at full price at MTN service centres or with Channel partner pricing.
- If Customers upgrade or downgrade plans. The new plan opted into will charge the relevant 30-day fee and the old plan will be cancelled. All terms and conditions of the new plan will apply for the next 30 days and those of the old plan will fall off.
- Subscribers who downgrade from the 5G unbundled plans to lower unbundled plans will be reverted back to the 4G services.
- Fair Usage Policy (FUP) applies. Speeds will be throttled after reaching specified usage thresholds listed below:
- The daily throttling rules apply accordingly
|Speed||Daily Threshold||Throttle speeds|
|3 Mbps||3 GB/day||1 Mbps|
|5 Mbps||5 GB/day||1 Mbps|
|10 Mbps||10 GB/day||1 Mbps|
|15 Mbps||15 GB/day||1 Mbps|
|20 Mbps||20 GB/day||1 Mbps|
|30 Mbps||30 GB/day||5 Mbps|
|50 Mbps||50 GB/day||5 Mbps|
Home Bundled terms and conditions:
- The order of consumption rules are streaming bonus will be utilised first before the open data allocation.
- If a customer has two active home bundled plans, the bundle with the first expiry date will have first priority in the order of consumption.
- Remaining data will roll over and will be added to the next 30 days if customer purchases the same or a larger bundle before expiry of the original offer.
- There is no rollover of data when the 30 days validity expires.
- Only the last purchased bundle can be rolled-over at a time with a new bundle purchase.
- If a customer purchases a 5G router and are in a 5G area, they will experience 5G services.
General Home terms and conditions:
- Home plans will be made available for purchase via short code *117#, *115# the MyMTN App, MoMo App, MTN Shops and Service Centres.
- A month is 30 calendar days from the date the customer purchased the last offer.
- MTN Home routers are MTN sim-locked
- Customers must register and use alternate number services in order to receive usage notifications, expiry reminders and recharge notifications.