MTN Zambia: “Chimwela Pa Zed”
The Chimwela Pa Zed is a MTN promotion which gives MTN Prepaid and Hybrid customers a chance to win prizes via draw. Customers can collect points based on the mentioned actions below.
The service is designed to engage MTN customers and reward them with points upon performing any of the below actions:
- Recharge with any amount equal or higher than K1
- Activate any combo bundle or any data bundle worth equal or higher than K1
The gathered points correspond to chances for the draws. By entering the promotion, a participant accepts the Terms and Conditions set below and agrees to be bound by them.
The promotion will start on the 15th of November 2021 and the last prize will be given away on the 12th of February 2022.
The promotion will be valid in the territory known and recognized as Republic of Zambia (hereafter referred to as “Zambia”).
- Eligibility of customers
The promotion is open to all prepaid and hybrid customers both home and abroad. Customers must be 18 years or older. The following are eligible to participate:
- Natural persons (other than Employees of MTN and any company directly collaborating with MTN for the purposes of executing the promotion, their spouses, direct members of their families or households, relatives of direct kinship or any other person in a position to benefit illegitimately from unpublished or privileged information connected to promotion, and all persons in a position to interfere with the operation of the promotion -legitimately or illegitimately-), who are MTN customers during the period of the promotion. If the winner is under 18, then at the delivery date of delivering the prize, the winner’s guardian must appear to collect the prize having his/her ID as well as a certification proving that he/she is the guardian.
- Legal entities who are MTN customers during the period of the promotion. Only an authorized signatory on behalf of the legal entity will be entitled to take receipt of the prize.
- Customers who are not dealers/ agents
- Me2U and extra-time (borrowed airtime) are excluded
- MTN reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any provision of the Terms and Conditions.
- Regulations of participation in the promotion
- To participate, a prepaid or hybrid user has to perform one of the below actions:
- Recharge with any amount equal or higher than K1
- Activate any combo bundle or any data bundle worth equal or higher than K1
- No opt- in is required per customer and there are no extra fees/charges required as for a customer to enter the promo. Hence an automatic qualification is applied as long as the customer performs one of the eligible actions.
- Points are earned on each eligible activity performed by a customer
- Points keep accumulating throughout the promotion’s duration
- Point scheme:
- Users will be rewarded for every recharge amount equal to or greater than K1
- User will be rewarded for every paid bundle activation worth equal amount to or more than K1
- Each Kwacha spent will be rewarded with 1 point. Transactions of value including decimal points will be rounded down or up to the nearest round (decimal-free) Kwacha value.
- Customers can check their accumulated promo points by sending SCORE or MTN to 212 free of charge or by entering in the corresponding promo section in myMTN application
- Type of Prizes
- Daily prizes: Every day, apart from the days that the weekly, monthly and grand prizes are given away, 7 daily winners are determined via a draw. Eligible customers are the ones who have collected at least one point on that day. The record consists of entry sets corresponding to the total points, earned by each participant until that day (23:59:59). During the promotion each point earned is assigned to a unique entry/raffle in the database of the participants. For example, 20 points entitle the certain participant (MSISDN) to 20 entries; 200 points – to 200 entries/raffles for the drawing of the prize. Each draw will determine 7 winners. The first 3 winners win K2,000 cash on MoMo and the following 4 win a Mobicel Rio smartphone device
- Weekly prizes: Every Sunday, apart from the days that the monthly prizes are given away, a weekly winner is determined via a draw. Eligible customers are the ones who have collected at least one point on that week. The record consists of entry sets corresponding to the total points, earned by each participant from the beginning of the week (Monday 00:00:00) till end of week (Sunday 23:59:59). During the promotion each point earned is assigned to a unique entry/raffle in the database of the participants. For example, 20 points entitle the certain participant (MSISDN) to 20 entries; 200 points – to 200 entries/raffles for the drawing of the prize. Each draw will determine 1 winner. Each winner that day wins K25,000 in cash on MoMo.
The day that a weekly draw prize is given no other type of prize is drawn.
- Monthly prizes: Two monthly prizes will be given during the promo period and for each of it a monthly winner is determined via a draw. Eligible customers are the ones who have collected at least one point on that period. The record consists of entry sets corresponding to the total points, earned by each participant from the beginning of the period (first day 00:00:00) till end of the period (last day 23:59:59). During the promotion each point earned is assigned to a unique entry/raffle in the database of the participants. For example, 20 points entitle the certain participant (MSISDN) to 20 entries; 200 points – to 200 entries/raffles for the drawing of the prize. Each draw will determine 1 winner. Each winner that day wins K100,000 in cash on MoMo.
The day that a monthly prize is given no other type of prize is drawn.
- Grand Prize: The grand winner is determined after the end of the promotion via a draw. The record consists of entry sets corresponding to the total points, earned by each participant from the start of the promotion till the last day of the promotion. The record consists of entry sets corresponding to the total points, earned by each participant from the beginning of the promotion (first day 00:00:00) till end of the promotion (last day 23:59:59). During the promotion each point earned is assigned to a unique entry/raffle in the database of the participants. For example, 20 points entitle the certain participant (MSISDN) to 20 entries; 200 points – to 200 entries/raffles for the drawing of the prize. The draw will determine 1 winner who will win the grand prize of K300,000 in cash on MoMo.
The day that the grand prize draw is performed no other type of prize is drawn.
- Extra prizes: Extra prize winner is determined or random days either via draw or instantly. Each winner wins combo bundle. Rules and number of winners of the extra prizes are announced to the customers during the promotion.
- Prizes’ Rules
- The same subscriber’s number (MSISDN) cannot win the same type of prize more than once during the promotion period.
- The formation of participants’ record for the whole period of the promotion will start at 00:00:01 hours on the first day of the promotion and end at 23:59:59 hours on the last day of the promotion.
- Any participant may be contacted for any or all the prize types stated above. If a customer is declared winner and is not resident in Zambia, he shall provide details of his representative who will act for and on his behalf for the collection of the prize. The representative must present a Letter of Authorization, a valid means of identification (National I.D card, Drivers License, International Passport or Certified Employment or University Student I.D Card) and any other information as may be required by MTN before prizes can be redeemed.
- Prizes must be accepted as awarded, cannot be exchanged for other prizes or cash and may not be transferred or exchanged. Prizes will be delivered within 30 days from the end of each draw period, at a time and place that will be communicated to the winner in advance.
- Any expense not explicitly indicated as part of the prize, including but not limited to insurance, travel expenses, accommodation, license fees or taxes, are the responsibility of the winner. In no event shall MTN be held liable for external fluctuations that might affect the economic value of the allocated prizes.
- Where prizes will be in cash, or cash equivalent, MTN shall withhold from the winner payment any applicable withholding tax, and act as tax agent for the relevant amounts.
- Winner selection, notification and prize forfeiture
- A winner would be selected after the prize period throughout the period of the promotion.
- For every prize available in the prize period, the corresponding winners are selected. Additionally, 5 (five) substitute winners are selected in the case that the winner cannot for any reasons be awarded with the prize.
- Every winner will be contacted by MTN on the mobile phone he used in the promotion. The Organizer will attempt to contact a winner at least 3 times, between the hours of 9am and 5pm. if the notified winner cannot be reached via phone call or SMS within 24 hours, or in the event that they refuse the prize for whatever reason, then MTN will contact the following runner-up and award the prize to him and the original winner forfeits the prize.
- A winner will be required to provide proof of eligibility including but not limited to a National ID card, Driver’s License or International Passport and sign a prize acceptance form (as may be requested by MTN) before prizes can be collected. In a situation where the details of the winner are not in sync with the KYC of the winning MSISDN, the customer shall be given 14 days to rectify the mis-match and provide sufficient proof and the win shall be credited. Non-compliance shall lead to forfeiture.
- All prizes that remain unclaimed within seven (7) days of winner being notified, will become the property MTN.
- Decisions made by MTN will be final and without appeal.
- Winners agree to the publication of their names and /or photographs in any media or promotional material produced by MTN. Such use does not entitle the winner to any further compensation.
- MTNZ accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by the winner as a result of accepting the prize. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude the liability of MTNZ for death, personal injury, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation as a result of its negligen
- Abuse and Disqualification
Any Participant may be disqualified at any stage of the promotion, for any of the following reasons:
- In the event that it is impossible to establish telephone communication with the prospective winner
- In the event that the winner refuses MTN to use his/her name and /or photographs in any media or promotional material produced by MTN
- If the Participant ceases to be a Zambian Citizen either on the date of a draw, and/or on the date that the prize is to be presented
- In the event that the winner does not sign the declaration of acceptance of the Prize, irrespective of the reason(s) for such
- In the event that the winner does not provide any proper identification document as required by these Terms and Conditions
- In the event that the winner, for whatever reason(s), does not accept in full and without reservation the Terms and Conditions and his/her obligations which arise from the acceptance of such regulation, in respect of the allocation of the prize
- In the event of incompatibility arising from the selected winner lacking legal capacity (e.g. the fact that the selected winner is related directly with MTN) in accordance with that set forth in the present Terms and Conditions
- The failure to comply with or observe any of the Terms and Conditions set out herein
- General Conditions
- If, for any reason, a Participant decides to change his mobile phone number during a prize period, the accumulated points shall not be transferred to the new number but shall remain with the initial MSISDN. Entries cannot be transferred from one phone number to another.
- Any deviation from the rules and/or attempt to manipulate the outcome of the promotion or the entitlement to a Prize will result in an automatic disqualification of that Participant. MTN shall be entitled to effect the disqualification without reference or recourse to the Participant(s) carrying out the said manipulation.
- The Organizer reserves the right to with prior notification to modify, supplement or terminate all or part of this promotion at any time.
- MTN reserves the right to replace the advertised prizes with prizes of the same at their sole discretion.
- The Organizer accepts no responsibility for any incorrect or incomplete registration details that Participants may supply as part of the registration for the promotion.
- Personal Data Protection
By participating in the promotion, the Participants expressly agree that personal data which they supply shall be processed by MTN for the purposes of executing the promotion and also for the purpose of publicizing the promotion and MTN. It is hereby specified that MTN guarantees that publicity, entailing the sharing with third parties of personal data supplied as a result of participation in the promotion, (including through television, the press, leaflets and other means and formats of communication) shall be made only with respect to the winners of the Prizes and will only indicate the given names and surnames of the winners, the location of their place of residence, their images and voices (contained in photographic records, audio, video and other types of records, made with the purposes of publicity connected to the promotion). The winning Participants give, through their participation in the promotion, express consent for the use of this data informants herein defined. Following the termination of the promotion, the personal data will be destroyed.
- Amendments to the Terms and Conditions
- MTN reserves the right to alter, suspend or cancel this promotion and its respective Terms and Conditions, without prior notice and upon prior authorization issued by the appropriate authorities, with the new rules coming into force upon disclosure by publication on myMTN app or MTNZ website.
- No alteration may have retrospective effects, whereby all Participants registered up to the moment of the introduction of the alteration shall have equal rights. Each alteration, including the extension or reduction of the Duration Period of the promotion, shall be included in and form an integral part of these Terms and Conditions and shall be introduced through the addition of an annex, which shall be applicable from the date of its publication on myMTN app and MTNZ website
- No claim in respect of any alteration of the present Terms and Conditions is enforceable against MTN following the moment at which this alteration becomes available for online consultation on myMTN app.
- In the event that the promotion is suspended prior to the period designated for its conclusion, MTN shall award the Prizes corresponding to the winners selected up to the date of the suspension of the promotion, in accordance with the present Terms and Conditions
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Any dispute arising from or connected to this promotion shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the competent Zambian authorities and in accordance with Zambian law.